read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Rehoboam Misleads Judah
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 14:21-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
21. Meanwhile, Rehoboam son of Solomon was king in Judah. He was forty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city the LORD had chosen from among all the tribes of Israel as the place to honor his name. Rehoboam's mother was Naamah, an Ammonite woman.
22. During Rehoboam's reign, the people of Judah did what was evil in the LORD'S sight, provoking his anger with their sin, for it was even worse than that of their ancestors
23. For they also built for themselves pagan shrines and set up sacred pillars and Asherah poles on every high hill and under every green tree.
24. There were even male and female shrine prostitutes throughout the land. The people imitated the detestable practices of the pagan nations the LORD had driven from the land ahead of the Israelites.
25. in the fifth year of King Rehoboam's reign, King Shishak of Egypt came up and attacked Jerusalem.
26. He ransacked the treasuries of the LORD'S Temple and the royal palace; he stole everything, including all the gold shields Solomon had made.
27. King Rehoboam later replaced them with bronze shields as substitutes, and he entrusted them to the care of the commanders of the guard who protected the entrance to the royal palace.
28. Whenever the king went to the Temple of the LORD, the guards would also take the shields and then return them to the guardroom.
29. The rest of the events in Rehoboam's reign and everything he did are recorded in The Book of the History of the Kings of Judah.
30. There was constant war between Rehoboam and Jeroboam.
31. When Rehoboam died, he was buried among his ancestors in the City of David. His mother was Naamah, an Ammonite woman Then his son Abijam became the next king.
1 Kings 14:21-31 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.