read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Appeal to Unity
Today's Passage: 1 Corinthians 1:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions about the Passage
Allowing this Passage to Change My Life.
1. This letter is from Paul chosen by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Sosthenes.
2. I am writing to God's church in Corinth, to you who have been called by God to be his own holy people. He made you holy by means of Christ Jesus, just as he did for all people everywhere who call on the name of our lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours.
3. May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
4. I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.
5. Through him, God has enriched your church in every way — with all of your eloquent words and all of your knowledge.
6. This confirms that what I told you about Christ is true.
7. Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
8. He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns.
9. God will do this, for he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
10. I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thoughts and purpose.
11. For some members of Chloe's household have told me about your quarrels, my dear brothers and sisters.
12. Some of you are saying, "I am a follower of Paul." Others are saying, "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Peter," or "I follow only Christ."
13. Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not!
14. I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius,
15. for now no one can say they were baptized in my name.
16. (Oh yes, I also baptized the household of Stephannas, but I don't remember baptizing anyone else."
17. For Christ didn't send me to baptize, but to preach the Good News — and not with clever speech, for fear that the cross of Christ would lose its power.
1 Corinthians 1:1-17 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.