read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Israel Demands a King
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 8:1-9
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
God uses characters and jobs to prepare our hearts for truth.
1. As Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons to be judges over Israel.
2. Joel and Abijah, his oldest sons, held court in Beersheba.
3. But they were not like their father for they were greedy for money. They accepted bribes and perverted justice.
4. Finally, all the elders of Israel met at Ramah to discuss the matter with Samuel.
5. "Look," they told him, "you are now old, and your sons are not like you. Give us a king to judge us like all the other nations have."
6. Samuel was displeased with their request and went to the LORD for guidance.
"Do everything they say to you," the LORD replied, "for it is me they are rejecting, not you. They don't want me to be their king any longer.
8. Ever since I brought them from Egypt they have continually abandoned me and followed other gods. And now they are giving you the same treatment.
9. Do as they ask, but solemnly warn them about the way a king will reign over them."
1 Samuel 8:1-9 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.