read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Warning Concerning a King
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 8:10-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Called to Evaluate Our Choices
10. So Samuel passed on the LORD'S warning to the people who were asking him for a king.
11. "This is how a king will reign over you," Samuel said. "The king will draft your sons and assign them to his chariots and his charioteers, making them run before his chariots.
12. Some will be generals and captains in his army, some will be forced to plow in his fields and harvest his crops, and some will make his weapons and chariot equipment.
13. The king will take your daughters from you and force them to cook and bake and make perfumes for him.
14. He will take away the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his own officials.
15. He will take a tenth of your grain and your grape harvest and distribute it among his officers and attendants.
16. He will take your male and female slaves and demand the finest of your cattle and donkeys for his own use.
17. He will demand a tenth of your flocks, and you will be his slaves.
18. When that day comes, you will beg for relief from this king you are demanding, but then the LORD will not help you."
19. But the people refused to listen to Samuel's warning. "Even so, we still want a king," they said.
20. We want to be like the nations around us. Our king will judge us and lead us into battle."
21. So Samuel repeated to the LORD what the people had said,
22. and the LORD replied, "Do as they say, and give them a king." Then Samuel agreed and sent the people home.
1 Samuel 8:10-22 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.