read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Deuteronomy 3:1-11
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
God uses story to prepare our hearts for truth.
1. "Next we turned and headed for the land of Bashan, where King Og and his entire army attacked us at Edrei.
2. But the LORD told me, 'Do not be afraid of him, for I have given you victory over Og and his entire army, and I will give you all his land. Treat him just as you treated King Sihon of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon.'
3. "So the LORD our God handed King Og and all his people over to us, and we killed them all. Not a single person survived.
4. We conquered all sixty of his towns — the entire Argob region in his kingdom of Bashan. Not a single town escaped our conquest.
5. These towns were all fortified with high walls and barred gates. We also took many unwalled villages at the same time.
6. We completely destroyed the kingdom of Bashan, just as we had destroyed King Sihon of Heshbon. We destroyed all people in every town we conquered — men, women, and children alike.
7. But we kept all the livestock for ourselves and took plunder from all the towns.
8. "So we took the land of the two Amorite kings east of the Jordan River — all the way from the Arnon Gorge to Mount Hermon.
9. (Mount Hermon is called Sirion by the Sidonians, and the Amorites call it Senir.)
10. We had now conquered all the cities on the plateau and all Gilead and Bashan, as far as the towns of Salecah and Edrei, which were part of Og's kingdom in Bashan.
11. (King Og of Bashan was the last survivor of the giant Rephaites. His bed was made of iron and was more than thirteen feet long and six feet wide. It can still be seen in the Ammonite city of Rabbah.
Deuteronomy 3:1-11 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.