read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
On Life and Wisdom
Today's Passage: Proverbs 22:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
The fear of Jehovah (the LORD) is the instruction for Wisdom: Proverbs 15:33
1. Choose a good reputation over great riches; being held in high esteem is better than silver or gold.
2. The rich and poor have this in common: the LORD made them both.
3. A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
4. True humility and fear of the LORD lead to riches, honor, and long life.
5. Corrupt people walk a thorny, treacherous road; whoever values life will avoid it.
6. Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
7. Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender.
8. Those who plant injustice will harvest disaster, and their reign of terror will come to an end.
9. Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor.
10. Throw out the mocker, and fighting goes, too. Quarrels and insults will disappear.
11. Who ever loves a pure heart and gracious speech will have the king as a friend.
12. The LORD preserves those with knowledge, but he ruins the plans of the treacherous.
13. The lazy person claims, "There's a lion out there! If I go outside, I might be killed!"
14.The mouth of an immoral woman is a dangerous trap; those who make the LORD angry will fall into it.
15. A youngster's heart is filled with foolishness, but physical discipline will drive it far away.
16. A person who gets ahead by oppressing the poor or by showering gifts on the rich will end in poverty.
Proverbs 22:1-16 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.