read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Judah Threatened with Invasion
Today's Passage: Jeremiah 4:1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Called to Evaluate Our Choices
1. "O Israel," says the LORD, "if you wanted to return to me, you could. You could throw away your detestable idols and stray away no more.
2. Then when you swear by my name, saying, 'As surely as the LORD lives,' you could do so with truth, justice and righteousness. Then you would be a blessing to the nations of the world, and all people would come and praise my name."
3. This is what the LORD says to the people of Judah and Jerusalem:
"Plow up the hard ground of your hearts! Do not waste your good seed among thorns.
4. O people of Judah and Jerusalem, surrender your pride and power. Change your hearts before the LORD, or my anger will burn like an unquenchable fire because of all your sins.
5." Shout to Judah, and broadcast to Jerusalem! Tell them to sound the alarm throughout the land: 'Run for your lives! Flee to the fortified cities!'
6. Raise a signal flag as a warning for Jerusalem: 'Flee now! Do not delay!' For I am bringing terrible destruction upon you from the north."
7. A lion stalks from its den, a destroyer of nations. It has left its lair and is headed your way. It's going to devastate your land! Your towns will lie in ruins, with no one living in them anymore.
8. So put on clothes of mourning and weep with broken hearts, for the fierce anger of the LORD is still upon us.
9. "In that day," says the LORD, "the king and the officials will tremble in fear. The priests will be struck with horror, and the prophets will be appalled."
10. Then I said, "O Sovereign LORD, the people have been deceived by what you said, for you promised peace for Jerusalem. But the sword is held at their throats!"
11. The time is coming when the LORD will say to the people of Jerusalem, "My dear people, a burning wind is blowing in from the desert, and it's not a gentle breeze useful for winnowing grain.
12. It is a roaring blast sent by me! Now I will pronounce your destruction!"
13. Our enemy rushes down on us like storm clouds! His chariots are like whirlwinds His horses are swifter than eagles. How terrible it will be, for we are doomed!
14. O Jerusalem, cleanse your heart that you may be saved. How long will you harbor your evil thoughts!
15. Your destruction has been announced from Dan and the hill country of Ephraim.
16. "Warn the surrounding nations and announce this to Jerusalem; The enemy is coming from a distant land, raising a battle cry against the towns of Judah.
17. They surround Jerusalem like watchmen around a field, for my people have rebelled against me," says the LORD.
18. "Your own actions have brought this upon you. This punishment is bitter, piercing you to the heart!"
Jeremiah 4:1-18 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.