read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Warning against Idolatry
Today's Passage: Deuteronomy 4:15-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
15. "But be very careful! You did not see the LORD'S form on the day he spoke to you from the heart of the fire at Mount Sinai.
16. So do not corrupt yourselves by making an idol in any form — whether of a man or a woman,
17. an animal on the ground, a bird in the sky,
18. a small animal that scurries along the ground, or a fish in the deepest sea.
19. And when you look up into the sky and see the sun, moon, and stars — all the forces of heaven — don't be seduced into worshiping them. The LORD your God gave them to all the peoples of the earth.
20. Remember that the LORD rescued you from the iron-smelting furnace of Egypt in order to make you his very own people and his special possession, which is what you are today.
21. "But the LORD was angry with me because of you. He vowed that I would not cross the Jordan River into the good land the LORD your God is giving you as your special possession.
22. You will cross the Jordan to occupy the land, but I will not. Instead, I will die here on the east side of the river.
23. So be careful not to break the covenant the LORD your God has made with you. Do not make idols of any shape or form, for the LORD you God has forbidden this.
24. The LORD your God is a devouring fire; he is a jealous God.
25. "In the future, when you have children and grandchildren and have lived in the land a long time, do not corrupt yourselves by making idols of any kind. This is evil in the sight of the LORD you God and will arouse his anger.
26. "Today I call on heaven and earth as witnesses against you. If you break my covenant, you will quickly disappear from the land you are crossing the Jordan to occupy. You will live there only a short time; then you will be utterly destroyed.
27. For the LORD will scatter you among the nations, where only a few of you will survive.
28. There, in a foreign land, you will worship idols made from wood and stone — gods that neither see nor hear nor eat nor smell.
29. But from there you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.
30. "In the distant future, when you are suffering all these things, you will finally return to the LORD your God and listen to what he tells you.
31. For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors.
Deuteronomy 4:15-31 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.