read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Song of Moses and Israel
Today's Passage: Exodus 15:1-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
1. Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the LORD:
"I will sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; he has hurled both horse and rider into the sea.
2. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him — my father's God, and I will exalt him!
3. The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is his name!
4. Phraoh's chariots and army he has hurled into the sea. The finest of Pharaoh's officers are drowned in the Red Sea.
5. The deepwater gushed over them; they sank to the bottom like a stone.
6. "Your right hand, O LORD, is glorious in power. Your right hand, O LORD, smashes the enemy.
7. In the greatness of your majesty, you overthrow those who rise against you. You unleash your blazing fury; it consumes them like straw.
8. At the blast of your breath, the waters piled up! The surging waters stood straight like a wall; in the heart of the sea the deep waters became hard.
9. "The enemy boasted, 'I wll chase them and catch up with them. I will plunder them and consume them. I will flash my sword; my powerful hand will destroy them.'
10. But you blew with your breath, and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters.
11. "Who is like you among the gods, O LORD — glorious in holiness, awesome in splendor, performing great wonders?
12. You raised your right hand, and the earth swallowed our enemies.
13. "With your unfailing love you lead the people you have redeemed. In your might, you guide them to your sacred home.
14. The peoples hear and tremble; anguish grips those who live in Philistia.
15. The leaders of Edom are terrified; the nobles of Moab tremble. All who live in Canaan melt away;
16. terror and dread fall upon them. The power of your arm makes them lifeless as stone until your people pass by, O LORD, until the people you purchased pass by.
17. You will bring them in and plant them on your own mountain — the place, O LORD, reserved for your own dwelling, the sanctuary, O LORD, that your hands have established.
18. The LORD will reign forever and ever!"
19. When Pharaoh's horses, chariots, and charioteers rushed into the sea, the LORD brought the water crashing down on them. But the people of Israel had walked through the middle of the sea on the dry ground!
20. Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine and led all the women as they played their tambourines and danced.
21. And Miriam sang this song:
"Sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; he has hurled both horse and rider into the sea."
Exodus 15:1-21 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.