read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Moses Escapes to Midian
Today's Passage: Exodus 2:11-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
11. Many years later, when Moses had grown up, he went out to visit his own people, the Hebrews, and he saw how hard they were forced to work. During his visit, he saw an Egyptian beating one of his fellow Hebrews.
12. After looking in all directions to make sure no one was watching, Moses killed the Egyptian and hid the body in the sand.
13. The next day, when Moses went out to visit his people again, he saw two Hebrew men fighting. "Why are you beating up your friend?" Moses said to the one who had started the fight.
14. The man replied, "Who appointed you to be our prince and judge? Are you going to kill me as you killed that Egyptian yesterday?"
Then Moses was afraid, thinking "Everyone knows what I did."
15. And sure enough, Pharaoh heard what had happened, and he tried to kill Moses. But Moses fled from Pharaoh and went to live in the land of Midian.
When Moses arrived in Midian, he sat down beside a well.
16. Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters who came as usual to draw water and fill the water troughs for their father's flocks.
17. But some other shepherds came and chased them away. So Moses jumped up and rescued the girls from the shepherds. Then he drew water for their flocks.
18. When the girls returned to Reuel, their father, he asked, "Why are you back so soon today?"
19. "An Egyptian rescued us from the shepherds," they answered. "And then he drew water for us and watered our flocks."
20. "Then where is he?" their father asked. "Why did you leave him there? Invite him to come and eat with us."
21. Moses accepted the invitation, and he settled there with him. In time, Reuel gave Moses his daughter Zipporah to be his wife.
22. Later she gave birth to a son and Moses named him Gershom, for he explained, "I have been a foreigner in a foreign land."
23. Years passed, and the king of Egypt died. But the Israelites continued ot groan under their burden of slavery. They cried out for help, and their cry rose up to God.
2.4 God heard their groaning, and he remembered his covenant promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
25. He looked down on the people of Israel and knew it was time to act.
Exodus 2:11-25 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.