read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Love for Enemies
Today's Passage: Luke 6:27-36
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
27. "But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you.
28. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.
29. If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also.
30. Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don't try to get them back.
31. Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
32. "If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them!
33. And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much!
34. And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return.
35. "Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.
36. You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.
Luke 6:27-36 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.