read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
If you have said to Jesus, like Paul, 'I will not leave you,' because you love Him,
you too are a bond servant of the LORD!
If you ever come upon the words bond servant, verses 16-17 below defines that concept.
Today's Passage: Deuteronomy 15:12-18
"12. If a fellow Hebrew sells himself or herself to be your servant and serves you for six years, in the seventh year you must set that servant free.
13 When you release a male servant, do not send him away empty-handed. 14 Give him a generous farewell gift from your flock, your threshing floor, and your winepress. Share with him some of the bounty with which the LORD your God has blessed you. 15. Remember that you were once slaves in the land of Egypt and the LORD your God redeemed you! That is why I am giving you this command.
16. But suppose your servant says, 'I will not leave you,' because he loves you and your family, and he has done well with you. 17. In that case, take an awl and push it through his earlobe into the door. After that, he will be your servant for life. And do the same for your female servants.
18. You must not consider it a hardship when you release your servants. Remember that for six years they have given you services worth double the wages of hired workers, and the LORD your God will bless you in all you do." Deuteronomy 15 12-18 NLT
1. I encourage you to open your own bible to read the passage. - Familiarity brings comfort.
Of course, if you don't have a bible with you, or a bible app on your phone,
click here to read on Bible Gateway.
(remember you can read from many different translations on Bible Gateway)
2. I encourage you to check out WORSHIP, the 2nd Strategy in the Reading & Reflecting Strategies page here.
3. Please your first name and last initial. Please comment as you feel led. I am being blessed by both your presence and the comments.
4. May I pray for you?
Abba, we begin a new week today. Please go before us and remind us that You will never leave nor forsake us. Remind us that You are the beautiful LORD whom we serve out of love and not obligation, fear, or manipulation. Help us reach whom You desire us to reach today. And allow us to reach into our own hearts and see You move.
I pray these things over this community in the blessed holy name of Yeshua, Amen.
an aside/tip/interesting fact:
"linguistically the name Yehoshua/Yeshua/Jesus conveys the idea that God (YHVH) delivers or saves (his people), eventually through his servant messiah. According to Matthew 1:21, "Yeshua" is the name God gave his Son. It is his original birth-name. "She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Yesous [Greek]/Yeshua[Hebrew], for it is he who will save his people from their sins." www.hebrewstreams.org
Problems? Please let us know by contacting Biff at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe at any time by sending an email with Unsubscribe in the Subject line.
RR&BC,LLC©2016 All writing is protected by copyright laws.
NO copying allowed.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.