read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
No, God has not rejected his own people,
chose from the very beginning.
Today's Passage: Romans 11:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
1. I ask then, has God rejected his own people, the nation of Israel? Of course not! I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham and a member of the tribe of Benjamin.
2. No God has not rejected his own people, whom he chose from the very beginning. Do you realize what the Scriptures say about this? Elijah the prophet complained to God about the people of Israel and said,
3." LORD, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me, too."
4. And do you remember God's reply? He said, "No, I have 7,000 others who have never bowed down to Baal!"
5. It is the same today, for a few of the people of Israel have remained faithful because of God's grace ⏤his undeserved kindness in choosing them.
6. And since it is through God's kindness, then it is not by their good works. For in that case, God's grace would not be what it really is ⏤free and undeserved.
7. So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have⏤the ones God has chosen⏤but the hearts of the rest were hardened.
8. As the Scriptures say,
"God has put them into a deep sleep.
To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see,
and closed their ears so they do not hear.'
9. Likewise, David said,
"Let their bountiful table become a snare,
a trap that makes them think all is well.
Let their blessing cause them to stumble,
and let them get what they deserve.
10. Let their eyes go blind so they cannot see,
and let their backs be bent forever."
11. Did God's people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! They were disobedient, so God made salvation available to the Gentiles. But he wanted his own people to become jealous and claim it for themselves.
12. Now if the Gentiles were enriched because the people of Israel turned down God's offer of salvation, think how much greater a blessing the world will share when they finally accept it.
13. I am saying all this especially for you Gentiles. God has appointed me as the apostle to the Gentiles. I stress this,
14. for I want somehow to make the people of Israel jealous of what you Gentiles have, so I might save some of them.
15 For since their rejection meant that God offered salvation to the rest of the world, their acceptance will be even more wonderful. It will be life for those who were dead!
16. And since Abraham and the other patriarchs were holy, their descendants will also be holy ⏤just as the entire batch of dough is holy because the portion given as an offering is holy. For if the roots of the tree are holy, the branches will be, too.
Romans 11:1-16 NLT
I encourage you to use the 4th strategy. Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
I am trying strategies within the page,
if you don't like the strategy added and would prefer it on the Reading/Reflecting Strategies page,
please let me know in the comments below.
This is such a powerful scripture explaining much
about the Gentile and Jewish relationship.
Help us see it.
In your name we pray.
4. Please leave your name and first initial in the comments below.
Please let me know what you think of this format.
Also, I will be sending out an email next week. I hope it is meaningful to you.
And may your preparations for this Thursday evening be solemn and holy.
May we prepare for Good Friday in our hearts.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.