read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Conflict of Two Natures
Today's Passage: Romans 7:14-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
14. So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin.
15. I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate.
16. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good.
17. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
18. And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can't.
19. I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.
20. But if I do what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
21. I have discovered this principle of life — that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.
22. I love God's law with all my heart.
23. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.
24. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?
25. Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
Romans 7:14-25 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.