read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Paul & Apollos, Servants of Christ
Today's Passage: 1 Corinthians 3:1-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
1. Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn't talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life.
2. I had to feed you with milk not with solid food, because you weren't ready for anything stronger. And you still aren't ready,
3. for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn't that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren't you living like people of the world?
4. When one of you says, "I am a follower of Paul," and another says, "I follow Apollos," aren't you acting just like people of the world?
5. After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God's servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us.
6. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow.
7. It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What's important is that God makes the seed grow.
8. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work.
9. For we are both God's workers. And you are God's field. You are God's building.
10. Because of God's grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful.
11. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have — Jesus Christ.
12. Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials — gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw.
13. But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person's work has any value.
14. If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward.
15. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.
16. Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
17. God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.
18. Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world's standards, you need to become a fools to be truly wise.
19. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say,
"He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness."
20. And again,
"The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise, he knows they are worthless."
21. So don't boast about following a particular human leader. For everything belongs to you --
22. whether Paul or Apollos or Peter, or the world, or life and death, or the present and the future. Everything belongs to you,
23. and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.
1 Corinthians 3:1-21 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.