read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God's Grace to Unfaithful Jerusalem
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 16:1-34
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
And What Do I Do With That?
1. Then another message came to me from the LORD:
2. "Son of man, confront Jerusalem with her detestable sins.
3. Give her this message from the Sovereign LORD: You are nothing but a Canaanite! Your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite.
4. On the day you were born, no one cared about you. Your umbilical cord was not cut, and you were never washed, rubbed with salt, and wrapped in cloth.
5. No one had the slightest interest in you; no one pitied you or cared for you. On the day you were born, you were unwanted, dumped in a field and left to die.
6. "But I came by and saw you there, helplessly kicking about in your own blood. As you lay there, I said, 'Live!'
7. And I helped you to thrive like a plant in the field. You grew up and became a beautiful jewel. Your breasts became full, and your body hair grew, but you were still naked.
8. And when I passed by again, I saw that you were old enough for love. So I wrapped my cloak around you to cover your nakedness and declared my marriage vows. I made a covenant with you, says the Sovereign LORD, and you became mine.
9. "Then I bathed you and washed off your blood, and I rubbed fragrant oils into your skin.
10. I gave you expensive clothing of fine linen and silk, beautifully embroidered, and sandals made of fine goatskin leather.
1. I gave you lovely jewelry, bracelets, beautiful necklaces,
12. a ring for your nose, earrings for your ears, and a lovely crown for your head.
13. And so you were adorned with gold and silver. Your clothes were made of fine linen and were beautifully embroidered. You ate the finest foods — choice flour, honey, and olive oil — and became more beautiful than ever. You looked like a queen, and so you were!
14. Your fame soon spread throughout the world because of your beauty. I dressed you in my splendor and perfected your beauty, says the Sovereign LORD.
15. "But you thought your fame and beauty were your own. So you gave yourself as a prostitute to every man who came along. Your beauty was theirs for the asking.
16. You used the lovely things I gave you to make shrines for idols, where you played the prostitute. Unbelievable! How could such a thing ever happen?
17. You took the very jewels and gold and silver ornaments I had given you and made statues of men and worshiped them. This is adultery against me!
18. You used the beautifully embroidered clothes I gave you to dress your idols. Then you used my special oil and my incense to worship them.
19. Imagine it! You set before them as a sacrifice the choice flour, olive oil, and honey I had given you, says the Sovereign LORD.
20. "The you took your sons and daughters — the children you had borne to me — and sacrificed them to your gods. Was your prostitution not enough?
21. Must you also slaughter my children by sacrificing them to idols?
22. In all your years of adultery and detestable sin you have not once remembered the days long ago when you lay naked in the field, kicking about in your own blood.
23. "What sorrow awaits you, says the Sovereign LORD. In addition to all your other wickedness,
24. you built a pagan shine and put altars to idols in every town square.
25. On every street corner you defiled your beauty, offering your body to every passerby in an endless stream of prostitution.
26. Then you added lustful Egypt to your lovers, provoking my anger with your increasing promiscuity.
27. That is why I struck you with my fist and reduced your boundaries. I handed you over to your enemies, the Philistines, and even they were shocked by your lewd conduct.
28. You have prostituted yourself with the Assyrians, too. It seems you can never find enough new lovers! And after your prostitution there, you still were not satisfied.
29. You added to your lovers by embracing Babylonia, the land of merchants, but you still weren't satisfied.
30. "What a sick heart you have, says the Sovereign LORD, to do such things as these, acting like a shameless prostitute.
31. You build your pagan shrines on every street corner and your altars to idols in every square. In fact, you have been worse than a prostitute, so eager for sin that you have not even demanded payment.
32. Yes, you are an adulterous wife who takes in strangers instead of her own husband.
33. Prostitutes charge for their services — but not you! You give gifts to your lovers, bribing them to come and have sex with you.
34. So you are the opposite of other prostitutes. You pay your lovers, instead of their paying you!
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.