read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Judgment on Jerusalem's Prostitution
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 16:35-63
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
And What Do I Do With That?
35. "Therefore, you prostitute, listen to this message from the LORD!
36. This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Because you have poured out your lust and exposed yourself in prostitution to all your lovers, and because you have worshiped detestable idols, and because you have slaughtered your children as sacrifices to your gods,
37. This is what I am going to do. I will gather together all your allies — the lovers with whom you have sinned, both those you loved and those you hated — and I will strip you naked in front of them so they can stare at you.
38. I will punish you for your murder and adultery. I will cover you with blood in my jealous fury.
39. Then I will give you to these many nations who are your lovers, and they will destroy you. They will knock down your pagan shrines and the altars to your idols. They will strip you and take you beautiful jewels, leaving you stark naked.
40. They will band together in a mob to stone you and cut you up with swords.
41. They will burn your homes and punish you in front of many women. I will stop your prostitution and end your payments to your many lovers.
42. "Then at last my fury against you will be spent, and my jealous anger will subside. I will be calm and will not be angry with you anymore.
43. But first, because you have not remembered your youth but have angered me by doing all these evil things, I will fully repay you for all of your sins, says the Sovereign LORD. For you have added lewd acts to all your detestable sins.
44. Everyone who makes up proverbs wills say of you, 'Like mother, like daughter.'
45. For your mother loathed her husband and her children, and so do you. And you are exactly like your sisters, for they despised their husbands and their children. Truly your mother was a Hittite and your father an Amorite.
46. "Your older sister was Samaria, who lived with her daughters in the north. Your younger sister was Sodom, who lived with her daughters in the south.
47. But you have not merely sinned as they did. You quickly surpassed them in corruption.
48. As surely as I live, says the Sovereign LORD, Sodom and her daughters were never as wicked as you and your daughters.
49. Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door.
50. She was proud and committed detestable sins, so I wiped her out, as you have seen.
51. "Even Samaria did not commit half your sins. You have done far more detestable things than your sisters ever did. They seem righteous compared to you.
52. Shame on you! Your sins are so terrible that you make your sisters seem righteous, even virtuous.
53. "But someday I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and Samaria, and I will restore you, too.
54. Then you will be truly ashamed of everything you have done, for your sins make them feel good in comparison.
55. Yes, your sisters, Sodom and Samaria, and all their people will be restored, and at that time you also will be restored.
56. In your proud days you held Sodom in contempt.
57. But now your greater wickedness has been exposed to all the world, and you are the one who is scorned — by Edom and all her neighbors and by Philistia.
58. This is your punishment for all your lewdness and detestable sins, says the LORD.
59. "Now this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will give you what you deserve, for you have taken your solemn vows lightly by breaking your covenant.
60. Yet, I will remember the covenant I made with you when you were young, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.
61. Then you will remember with shame all the evil you have done. I will make your sisters, Samaria and Sodom, to be your daughters, even though they are not part of our covenant.
62. And I will reaffirm my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the LORD.
63. You will remember your sins and cover your mouth in silent shame when I forgive you of all that you have done. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!"
Ezekiel 16:35-63 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.