read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Sins of Judah
Today's Passage: Jeremiah 5:1-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Called to Evaluate Our Choices
1. Run up and down every street in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look high and low; search throughout the city! If you can find even one just and honest person, I will not destroy the city.
2. But even when they are under oath, saying, 'As surely as the LORD lives,' they are still telling lies!"
3. LORD, you are searching for honesty. You struck your people, but they paid no attention. You crushed them, but they refused to be corrected. They are determined, with faces set like stone; they have refused to repent.
4. Then I said, "But what can we expect from the poor? They are ignorant. They don't know the ways of the LORD. They don't understand God's laws.
5. So I will go and speak to their leaders. Surely they know the ways of the LORD and understand God's laws." But the leaders, too, a one man, had thrown off God's yoke and broken his chains.
6. So now a lion from the forest will attack them; a wolf from the desert will pounce on them. A leopard will lurk near their towns, tearing apart any who dare to venture out. For their rebellion is great, and their sins are many.
7. "How can I pardon you? For even your children have turned from me. They have sworn by gods that are not gods at all! I fed my people until they were full. But they thanked me by committing adultery and lining up at the brothels.
8. They are well-fed, lusty stallions, each neighing for his neighbor's wife.
9. Should I not punish them for this?" says the LORD. "Should I not avenge myself against such a nation?
10. "Go down the rows of the vineyards and destroy the grapevines, leaving a scattered few alive. Strip the branches from the vines, for these people do not belong to the LORD.
11. The people of Israel and Judah are full of treachery against me," says the LORD.
12 "They have lied about the LORD and said, 'He won't bother us! No disasters will come upon us. There will be no war or famine.
13. God's prophets are all windbags who don't really speak for him. Let their predictions of disaster fall on themselves!' "
14. Therefore, this is what the LORD God of Heaven's Armies says:
"Because the people are talking like this, my messages will flame out of your mouth and burn the people like kindling wood.
15. O Israel, I will bring a distant nation against you," says the LORD. "It is a mighty nation, an ancient nation, a people whose language you do not know, whose speech you cannot understand.
16. Their weapons are deadly; their warriors are mighty.
17. They will devour the food of your harvest; they will devour your sons and daughters. They will devour your flocks and herds; they will devour your grapes and figs. And they will destroy your fortified towns, which you think are so safe.
18. "Yet even in those days I will not blot you out completely," says the LORD.
19. "And when your people ask, 'Why did the LORD our God do all this to us?' you must reply, 'You rejected him and gave yourselves to foreign gods in your own land. Now you will serve foreigners in a land that is not your own.'
Jeremiah 5:1-19 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.