read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Job's Life Seems Futile
Today's Passage: Job 7:1-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
The fear of Jehovah (the LORD)
is the instruction for Wisdom:
1. "Is not all human life a struggle? Our lives are like that of a hired hand,
2. like a worker who longs for the shade, like a servant waiting to be paid.
3. I, too, have been assigned months of futility, long and weary nights of misery.
4. Lying in bed, I think, 'When will it be morning?' But the night drags on, and I toss till dawn.
5. My body is covered with maggots and scabs. My skin breaks open, oozing with pus.
Job Cried Out to God
6. "My days fly faster than a weaver's shuttle. They end without hope.
7. O God, remember that my life is but a breath, and I will never again feel happiness.
8. You see me now, but not for long. You will look for me, but I will be gone.
9. Just as a cloud dissipates and vanished, those who die will not come back.
10. They are gone forever from their home — never to be seen again.
11. "I cannot keep from speaking, I must express my anguish. My bitter soul must complain.
12. Am I a sea monster or a dragon that you must place me under guard?
13. I think, 'My bed will comfort me, and sleep will ease my misery,'
14. but then you shatter me with dreams and terrify me with visions.
15. I would rather be strangled — rather die than suffer like this.
16. I hate my life and don't want to go on living. Oh, leave me alone for my few remaining days.
17. "What are people, that you should make so much of us, that you should think of us so often?
18. For you examine us every morning and test us every moment.
19. Why won't you leave me alone, at least long enough for me to swallow!
20. If I have sinned, what have I done to you, O watcher of all humanity? Why make me your target? Am I a burden to you?
21. Why not just forgive my sin and take away my guilt? For soon I will lie down in the dust and die. When you look for me, I will be gone."
Job 7:1-21 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.