read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Parable of Two Eagles and A Vine
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 17:1-10
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
(And, But, So) the LORD says/said:...
1. Then this message came to me from the LORD:
2. "Son of man, give this riddle, and tell this story to the people of Israel.
3. Give them this message from the Sovereign LORD:
"A great eagle with broad wings and long feathers,
covered with many-colored plumage, came to Lebanon.
He seized the top of a cedar tree
4. and plucked off its highest branch.
He carried it away to a city filled with merchants.
He planted it in a city of traders.
5. He also took a seedling from the land and planted it in fertile soil.
He placed it beside a broad river, where it could grow like a willow tree.
6. It took root there and grew into a low, spreading vine.
Its branches turned up toward the eagle,
and its roots grew down into the ground.
It produced strong branches and put out shoots.
7. But then another great eagle came with broad wings and full plumage.
So the vine now sent its roots and branches toward him for water,
8. even though it was already planted in good soil and had plenty of water so it could grow into a splendid vine and produce rich leaves and luscious fruit.
9. "So now the Sovereign LORD asks:
Will this vine grow and prosper?
No! I will pull it up, roots and all!
I will cut off its fruit and let its leaves wither and die.
I will pull it up easily without a strong arm or a large army.
10. But when the vine is transplanted, will it thrive?
No, it will wither away when the east wind blows against it.
It will die in the same good soil where it had grown so well."
Ezekiel 17:1-10 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.