read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The 12 Disciples; Instructions for Service
Today's Passage: Matthew 10:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Jesus called his twelve disciples together and gave them authority to cast out evil spirits and to heal every kind of disease and illness.
2. Here are the names of the twelve apostles:
first, Simon (also called Peter),
then Andrew (Peter's brother),
James (son of Zebedee),
John (James' brother),
Matthew (the tax collector),
James (son of Alphaeus),
4. Simon (the zealot),
Judas Iscariot (who later betrayed him).
5. Jesus sent out the twelve apostles with these instructions:
"Don't go to the Gentiles or the Samaritans,
6. but only to the people of Israel — God's lost sheep.
7. Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near.
8. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give us freely as you have received!
9. "Don't take any money in your money belts — no gold, silver, or even copper coins.
10. Don't carry a traveler's bag with a change of clothes and sandals or even a walking stick. Don't hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve to be fed.
11. "Whenever you enter a city or village, search for a worthy person and stay in his home until you leave town.
12. When you enter the home, give it your blessing.
13. If it turns out to be a worthy home, let your blessing stand; if it is not, take back the blessing.
14. If any household or town refuses to welcome you or listen to your message, shake its dust from your feet as you leave.
15. I tell you the truth, the wicked cities of Sodom and Gomorrah will be better off than such a town on the judgment day.
16. "Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.
17. But beware! For you will be handed over to the courts and will be flogged with whips in the synagogues.
18. You will stand trial before governors and kings because you are my followers. But this will be your opportunity to tell the rulers and other unbelievers about me.
19. When you are arrested, don't worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time.
20. For it is not you who will be speaking — it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
Matthew 10:1-20 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.