read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Sends Out the Apostles cont.
Today's Passage: Matthew 10:21-42
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
21. "A brother will betray his brother to death, a father will betray his own child, and children will rebel against their parents and cause them to be killed.
22. And all nations will hate you because you are my followers. But everyone who endures to the end will be saved.
23. When you are persecuted in one town, flee to the next. I tell you the truth, the Son of Man will return before you have reached all the towns of Israel.
24. "Students are not greater than their teacher, and slaves are not greater than their master.
25. Students are to be like their teacher, and slaves are to be like their master. And since I, the master of the household, have been called the prince of demons, the members of my household will be called by even worse names!
26. "But don't be afraid of those who threaten you. For the time is coming when everything that is covered will be revealed, and all that is secret will be made known to all.
27. What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear!
28. "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
29. What is the price of two sparrows — one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.
30. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.
31. So don't be afraid; you are more valuabe to God than a whole flock of sparrows.
32. "Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.
33. But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.
34. "Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.
35.. 'I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36. Your enemies will be right in your own household!'
37. "If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine.
38. If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.
39. If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.
40. "Anyone who receives you receives me, and anyone who receives me receives the Father who sent me.
41. If you receive a prophet as one sho speaks for God, you will be given the same reward as a prophet. And if you receive righteous people because of their righteousness, you will be given a reward like theirs.
42. And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded."
Matthew 10:21-42 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.