read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Four Horns and Four Blacksmiths
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 16:1-7
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
And What Do I Do With That?
1. This message from the LORD was delivered to King Baasha by the prophet Jehu son of Hanani:
2. "I lifted you out of the dust to make you ruler of my people Israel, but you have followed the evil example of Jeroboam. You have provoked my anger by causing my people Israel to sin.
3. So now I will destroy you and your family, just as I destroyed the descendants of Jeroboam son of Nebat.
4. The members of Baasha's family who die in the city will be eaten by dogs, and those who die in the field will be eaten by vultures."
5. The rest of the events in Baasha's reign and the extent of his power are recorded in the Book of the History of the Kings of Israel.
6. When Baasha died, he was buried in Tirzah. Then his son Elah became the next king.
7. The message from the LORD against Baasha and his family came through the prophet Jehu son of Hanani. It was delivered because Baasha had done what was evil in the LORD'S sight (just as the family of Jeroboam had done), and also because Baasha had destroyed the family of Jeroboam. The LORD'S anger was provoked by Baasha's sins.
1 Kings 16:1-7
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.