read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
In those days.
Today's Passage: Nehemiah 13:15-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
15. In those days I saw men of Judah treading out their winepresses on the Sabbath. They were also bringing in grain, loading it on donkeys, and bringing their wine, grapes, figs and all sorts of produce to Jerusalem to sell on the Sabbath. So I rebuked them for selling their produce on that day.
16. Some men from Tyre, who lived in Jerusalem, were bringing in fish and all kinds of merchandise. They were selling it on the Sabbath to the people of Judah ⏤ and in Jerusalem at that!
17. So I confronted the nobles of Judah. "Why are you profaning the Sabbath in this evil way?" I asked.
18. "Wasn't it just this sort of thing that your ancestors did that caused our God to bring all this trouble upon us and our city? Now you are bringing even more wrath upon Israel by permitting the Sabbath to be desecrated in this way!"
19. Then I commanded that the gates of Jerusalem should be shut as darkness fell every Friday evening, not to be opened until the Sabbath ended. I sent some of my own servants to guard the gates so that no merchandise could be brought in on the Sabbath day.
20. The merchants and tradesmen with a variety of wares camped outside Jerusalem once or twice.
21. But I spoke sharply to them and said, "What are you doing out here, camping around the wall? If you do this again, I will arrest you!" And that was the last time they came on the Sabbath.
22. Then I commanded the Levites to purify themselves and to guard the gates in order to preserve the holiness of the Sabbath.
Remember this good deed also, O my God!l Have compassion on me according to your great and unfailing love.
Nehemiah 13:15-22 NLT
Does this story remind you of Jesus Christ's story at all?
Are there any similarities to the Easter Story?
It is Easter Sunday.
This day is the day we celebrate Christ conquering the grave.
Battling with Death, with Evil, with SIN and Satan and HE stood and rose again.
Praising Him this Day of Salvation.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit ⏤Three in One ⏤Trinity
Abba, thank you for sending your Son.
Thank you Jesus Christ Son, for coming.
Thank you Holy Spirit for remaining with us, indwelling us, guiding us in our lives, and bringing the Trinity alive for us.
In your name, Jesus Christ
We celebrate your Resurrection, looking forward to your return.
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.