read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Deputation from John
Today's Passage: Luke 7:11:16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
God uses characters and jobs to prepare our hearts for truth.
18. The disciples of John the Baptist told John about everything Jesus was doing. So John called for two of his disciples,
19. and he sent them to the Lord to ask him, "Are you the Messiah we've been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?"
20. John's two disciples found Jesus and said to him, "John the Baptist sent us to ask, 'Are you the Messiah we've been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?'"
21. At that very time, Jesus cured many people of their diseases, illnesses, and evil spirits, and he restored sight to many who were blind.
22. Then he told John's disciples, "Go back to John and tell him what you have seen and heard — the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor.
23. And tell him, 'God blesses those who do not turn away because of me.'"
24 After John's disciples left, Jesus began talking about him to the crowds. "What kind of man did you go into the wilderness to see? Was he a weak reed swayed by every breath of wind?
25. Or were you expecting to see a man dressed in expensive clothes? No, people who wear beautiful clothes and live in luxury are found in palaces.
26. Were you looking for a prophet? Yes, and he is more than a prophet.
27. John is the man to whom the Scriptures refer when they say,
'Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, and he will prepare your way before you.'
28. I tell you, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of God is greater than he is!
29. When they heard this , all the people — even the tax collectors — agreed that God's way was right, for they had been baptized by John.
30. But the Pharisees and experts in religious law rejected God's plan for them, for they had refused John's baptism.
31. "To what can I compare the people of this generation?" Jesus asked. "How can I describe them?
32. They are like children playing a game in the public square. They complain to their friends,
'We played wedding songs, and you didn't dance,
so we played funeral sons, and you didn't weep.'
33. For John the Baptist didn't spend his time eating bread or drinking wine, and you say, 'He's possessed by a demon.'
34. The Son of Man, on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, 'He's a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!'
35. But wisdom is shown to be right by the lives of those who follows it."
Luke 7:18-35 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.