read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Taunt for Babylon's King
Today's Passage: Isaiah 14: 1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions about the Passage and Allowing this Passage to Change My Life.
1. But the LORD will have mercy on the descendants of Jacob. He will choose Israel as his special people once again. He will bring them back to settle once again in their own land. And people from many different nations will come and join them there and unite with the people of Israel.
2. The nations of the world will help the LORD'S people to return, and those who come to live in their land will serve them. Those who captured Israel will themselves be captured, and Israel will rule over its enemies.
3. In that wonderful day when the LORD gives his people rest from sorrow and fear, from slavery and chains,
4. you will taunt the king of Babylon. You will say,
"The mighty man has been destroyed. Yes, you insolence is ended.
5. For the LORD has crushed your wicked power and broken your evil rule.
6. You struck the people with endless blows of rage and held the nations in your angry grip with unrelenting tyranny.
7. But finally the earth is at rest and quiet. Now it can sing again!
8. Even the trees of the forest — the cypress trees and the cedars of Lebanon — sing out this joyous song: 'Since you have been cut down, no one will come now to cut us down!'
9. "In the place of the dead there is excitement over your arrival. The spirits of world leaders and mighty kings long dead stand up to see you.
10. With one voice they all cry out, 'Now you are as weak as we are!
11. Your might and power were buried with you. The sound of the harp in your palace has ceased. Now maggots are your sheeet, and worms your blanket.'
12. "How you are fallen from heaven, O shining star, son of the morning! You have been thrown down to the earth, you who destroyed the nations of the world.
13. For you said to yourself, 'I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God's stars. I will preside on the mountain of the gods far away in the north.
14. I will climb to the highest heavens and be like the Most High.'
15. Instead, you will be brought down to the place of the dead, down to its lowest depths.
16. Everyone there will stare at you and ask, 'Can this be the one who shook the earth and made the kingdoms of the world tremble?
17. Is this the one who destroyed the world and made it into a wasteland? Is this the king who demolished the world's greatest cities and had no mercy on his prisoners?'
18. "The kings of the nations lie in stately glory, each in his own tomb,
19. but you will be thrown out of your grave like a worthless branch. Like a corpse trampled underfoot, you will be dumped into a mass grave with those killed in battle. You will descend to the pit.
20. You will not be given a proper burial, for you have destroyed your nation and slaughtered your people. The descendants of such an evil person will never again receive honor.
21. Kill this man's children! Let them die because of their father's sins! They must not rise and conquer the earth, filling the world with their cities."
22. This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies says: "I myself, have risen against Babylon! I will destroy its children and and its children's children," says the LORD.
23. "I will make Babylon a desolate place of owls, filled with swamps and marshes. I will sweep the land with the broom of destruction. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies has spoken!"
Isaiah 14:1-23 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.