read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Woman
Today's Passage: Luke 7:36-50
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
characters and jobs
to prepare our hearts for truth.
36. One of the Pharisees asked Jesus to have dinner with him, so Jesus went to his home and sat down to eat.
37. When a certain immoral woman from that city heard he was eating there, she brought a beautiful alabaster jar filled with expensive perfume.
38. Then she knelt behind him at his feet, weeping. Her tears fell on his feet, and she wiped them off with her hair. Then she kept kissing his feet and putting perfume on thim.
39. When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know that kind of woman is touching him. She's a sinner!'
40. Then Jesus answered his thoughts. "Simon," he said to the Pharisee, "I have something to say to you."
"Go ahead, Teacher," Simon replied.
41. Then Jesus told him this story: "A man loaned money to two people — 500 pieces of silver to one and 50 pieces to the other.
42. But neither of them could repay him, so he kindly forgave them both, canceling their debts. Who do you suppose loved him more after that?"
43. Simon answered, "I suppose the one for whom he canceled the larger debt."
"That's right," Jesus said.
44. Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered your home, you didn't offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
45. You didn't greet me with kiss, but from the time I first came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet.
46. You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume.
47. "I tell you, her sins — and they are many — have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love."
48. Then Jesus said to the woman, "Your sins are forgiven."
49. The men at the table said among themselves, "Who is this man, that he goes around forgiving sins?"
50. And Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
Luke 7:36-50 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.