read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Elijah Predicts Drought
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 17:1-7
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
God uses characters and
jobs to prepare our hearts for truth.
1. Now Elijah, who was from Tishbe in Gilead, told King Ahab, "As surely as the LORD, the God of Israel, lives — the God I serve — there will be no dew or rain during the next few years until I give the word!"
2. Then the LORD said to Elijah,
3. Go to the east and hide by Kerith Brook, near where it enters the Jordan River.
4. Drink from the brook and eat what the ravens bring you, for I have commanded them to bring you food."
5. So Elijah did as the LORD told him and camped beside Kerith Brook, east of the Jordan.
6. The ravens brought him bread and meat each morning and evening, and he drank from the brook.
7. But after a while the brook dried up, for there was no rainfall anywhere in the land.
1 Kings 17:1-7
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.