read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Teaches Openly at the Temple
Today's Passage: John 7:10-24
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
10. But after his brothers left for the festival, Jesus also went, though secretly, staying out of public view.
11. The Jewish leaders tried to find him at the festival and kept asking if anyone had seen him.
12. There was a lot of grumbling about him among the crowds. Some argued, "He's a good man," but others said, "He's nothing but a fraud who deceived the people."
13. But no one had the courage to speak favorably about him in public, for they were afraid of getting in trouble with the Jewish leaders.
14. Then, midway through the festival, Jesus went up to the Temple and began to teach.
15. The people were surprised when they heard him. "How does he know so much when he hasn't been trained?" they asked.
16. So Jesus told them, "My message is not my own; it comes from God who sent me.
17. Anyone who wants to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own.
18. Those who speak for themselves want glory only for themselves, but a person who seeks to honor the one who sent him speaks truth, not lies.
19. Moses gave you the law, but none of you obeys it! In fact, you are trying to kill me."
20. The crowd replied, "You're demon possessed! Who's trying to kill you?"
21. Jesus replied, "I did one miracle on the Sabbath, and you were amazed.
22. But you work on the Sabbath, too, when you obey Moses' law of circumcision. (Actually, this tradition of circumcision began with the patriarchs, long before the law of Moses.)
23. For if the correct time for circumcising your son falls on the Sabbath, you go ahead and do it so as not to break the law of Moses. So why should you be angry with me for healing a man on the Sabbath?
24. Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly."
John 7:10-24 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.