read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Is Jesus the Messiah?
Today's Passage: John 7:25-36
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
25. Some of the people who lived in Jerusalem started to ask each other, "Isn't this the man they are trying to kill?
26. But here he is, speaking in public, and they say nothing to him. Could our leaders possibly believe that he is the Messiah?
27. But how could he be? For we know where this man comes from. When the Messiah comes, he will simply appear; no one will know where he comes from."
28. While Jesus was teaching in the Temple, he called out, "Yes, you know me, and you know where I come from. But I'm not here on my own. The one who sent me is true, and you don't know him.
29. But I know him because I come from him, and he sent me to you."
30. Then the leaders tried to arrest him; but no one laid a hand on him, because his time had not yet come.
31. Many among the crowds at the Temple believed in him. "After all," they said, "would you expect the Messiah to do more miraculous signs than this man has done?"
32. When the Pharisees heard that the crowds were whispering such things, they and the leading priests sent Temple guards to arrest Jesus.
33. But Jesus told them, "I will be with you only a little longer. Then I will return to the one who sent me.
34. You will search for me but not find me. And you cannot go where I am going."
35. The Jewish leaders were puzzled by this statement. "Where is he planning to go?" they asked. "Is he thinking of leaving the country and going to the Jews in other lands? Maybe he will even teach the Greeks!
36. What does he mean when he says, 'You will search for me but not find me,' and 'You cannot go where I am going'?"
John 7:25-36 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.