read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Deliverance From Bondage
Today's Passage: Romans 8:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Familiar phrase, verse, saying ⏤ context please.
1. So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
2. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
3. The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
4. He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.
5. Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
6. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
7. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will.
8. That's why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.
9. But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)
10. And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.
11. The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead. he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
12. Therefore, dear brothers and sisters you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.
13. For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live.
14. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
15. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father."
16. For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children.
17. And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.
Romans 8:1-16 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.