read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Wiles of the Harlot
Today's Passage: Proverbs 7:1-27
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
1. Follow my advice, my son; always treasure my commands.
2. Obey my commands and live! Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes.
3. Tie them on your fingers as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart.
4. Love wisdom like a sister; make insight a beloved member of your family.
5. Let them protect you from an affair with an immoral woman, from listening to the flattery of a promiscious woman.
6. While I was at the window of my house, looking through the curtain,
7. I saw some naive young men, and one in particular who lacked common sense.
8. He was crossing the street near the house of an immoral woman, strolling down the path by her house.
9. It was at twilight, in the evening, as deep darkness fell.
10. The woman approached him, seductively dressed and sly of heart.
11. She was the brash, rebellious type, never content to stay at home.
12. She is often in the streets and markets, soliciting at every corner.
13. She threw her arms around him and kissed him, and with a brazen look she said,
14. "I've just made my peace offerings and fulfilled my vows.
15. You're the one I was looking for! I came out to find you, and here you are!
16. My bed is spread with beautiful blankets, with colored sheets of Egyptian linen.
17. I've perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
18. Come, let's drink our fill of love until morning. Let's enjoy each other's caresses,
19. for my husband is not home. He's away on a long trip.
20. He has taken a wallet full of money with him and won't return until later this month."
21. So she seduced him with her pretty speech and enticed him with her flattery.
22. He followed her at once, like an ox going to the slaughter. He was like a stag caught in a trap,
23. awaiting the arrow that would pierce its heart. He was like a bird flying into a snare, little knowing it would cost him his life.
24. So listen to me, my sons, and pay attention to my words.
25. Don't let your hearts stray away toward her. Don't wander down her wayward path.
26. For she has been the ruin of many; many men have been her victims.
27. Her house is the road to the grave. Her bedroom is the den of death.
Proverbs 7:1-27 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.