read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Psalm of David
Today's Passage: Psalm 55:1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
Simple acts of meditation are not difficult.
If they were difficult God would not encourage every person to do them.
They are sometimes uncomfortable.
But they are always profitable.
They bring us closer to the heart of God. We are to Hide His Words In Our Hearts.
1. Listen to my prayer, O God. Do not ignore my cry for help!
2. Please listen and answer me, for I am overwhelmed by my troubles.
3. My enemies shout at me, making loud and wicked threats. They bring trouble on me and angrily hunt me down.
4. My heart pounds in my chest. The terror of death assaults me.
5. Fear and trembling overwhelm me, and I can't stop shaking.
6. Oh, that I had wings like a dove; then I would fly away and rest!
7. I would fly far away to the quiet of the wilderness.
8. How quickly I would escape — far from this wild storm of hatred.
9. Confuse them, LORD, and frustrate their plans, for I see violence and conflict in the city.
10. Its walls are patrolled day and night against invaders, but the real danger is wickedness within the city.
11. Everything is falling apart; threats and cheating are rampant in the streets.
12. It is not an enemy who taunts me — I could bear that. It is not my foes who so arrogantly insult me — I could have hidden from them.
13. Instead, it is you — my equal, my companion and close friend.
14. What good fellowship we once enjoyed as we walked together to the house of God.
15. Let death stalk my enemies; let the grave swallow them alive, for evil makes its home within them.
16. But I will call on God, and the LORD will rescue me.
17. Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and the LORD hears my voice
18. He ransoms me and keeps me safe from the battle waged against me, though many still oppose me.
19. God who was ruled forever, will hear me and humble them.
For my enemies refuse to change their ways; they do not fear God.
20. As for my companion, he betrayed his friends; he broke his promises.
21. His words are as smooth as butter, but in his heart is war. His words are as soothing as lotion, but underneath are daggers!
22. Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Psalm 55:1-23 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.