read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
King Saul: Given to Israel as the King for whom they Screamed
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 10:1-8
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
1. Then Samuel took a flask of olive oil and poured it over Saul's head. He kissed Saul and said, "I am doing this because the LORD has appointed you to be the ruler over Israel, his special possession.
2. When you leave me today, you will see two men beside Rachel's tomb at Zelzah, on the border of Benjamin. They will tell you that the donkeys have been found and that your father has stopped worrying about them and is now worried about you. He is asking, 'Have you seen my son?'
3. "When you get to the oak of Tabor, you will see three men coming toward you who are on their way to worship God at Bethel. One will be bringing three young goats, another will have three loaves of bread, and the third will be carrying a wineskins full of wine.
4. They will greet you and offer you two of the loaves, which you are to accept.
5. "When you arrive at Gibeah of God, where the garrison of the Philistines is located. you will meet a band of prophets coming down from the place of worship. They will be playing a harp, a tambourine, a flute, and a lyre, and they will be prophesying.
6. At that time the Spirit of the LORD will come powerfully upon you, and you will prophesy with them. You will be changed into a different person.
7. After these signs take place, do what must be done, for God is with you.
8. Then go down to Gilgal ahead of me. I will join you there to sacrifice burnt offerings and peace offerings. You must wait for seven days until I arrive and give you further instructions.
I Samuel 10: 1-8 NLT
4th strategy. Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
This passage gives us insight into how you so specifically lead.
Thank you for this.
You are God above all.
You bring leaders and remove leaders.
Help us understand.
In your Holy name
Please leave your name and last initial.
We are planning some things and would appreciate you prayers.
I am so excited to see how God uses us.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.