read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Lament for the Princes of Israel
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 19:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions about the Passage and Allowing this Passage to Change My Life.
1. "Sing this funeral song for the princes of Israel:
2. "What is your mother? A lioness among lions! She lay down among the young lions and reared her cubs.
3. She raised one of her cubs to become a strong young lion. He learned to hunt and devour prey, and he became a man eater.
4. Then the nations heard about him, and he was trapped in their pit. They led him away with hooks to the land of Egypt.
5. "When the lioness saw that her hopes for him were gone, she took another of her cubs and taught him to be a strong young lion.
6. He prowled among the other lions and stood out among them in his strength. He learned to hunt and devour prey and he, too, became a man-eater.
7. He demolished fortresses and destroyed their towns and cities. Their farms were desolated, and their crops were destroyed. The land and its people trembled in fear when they heard him roar.
8. Then the armies of the nations attacked him, surrounding him from every direction. They threw a net over him and captured him in their pit.
9. With hooks, they dragged him into a cage and brought him to Babylon. They held him in captivity, so his voice could never again be heard on the mountains of Israel.
10. "Your mother was like a vine planted by the water's edge. It had lush, green foliage because of the abundant water.
11. Its branches became strong — strong enough to be a ruler's scepter. It grew very tall, towering above all others. It stood out because of its height and its many lush branches.
12. But the vine was uprooted in fury and thrown down to the ground. The desert wind dried up its fruit and tore off its strong branches, so that it withered and was destroyed by fire.
13. Now the vine is transplanted to the wilderness, where the ground is hard and dry.
14. A fire has burst out from its branches and devoured its fruit. Its remaining limbs are not strong enough to be a ruler's scepter.
"This is a funeral song, and it will be used in a funeral."
Ezekiel 19:1-14 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.