read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Syrophoenician Woman
Today's Passage: Mark 7:24-30
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Are Miracles Involved?
24. Then Jesus left Galilee and went north to the region of Tyre. He didn't want anyone to know which house he was staying in, but he couldn't keep it a secret.
25. Right away a woman who had heard about him came and fell at his feel. Her little girl was possessed by an evil spirit,
26. and she begged him to cast out the demon from her daughter.
Since she was a Gentile, born in Syrian Phoenicia,
27. Jesus told her, "First I should feed the children — my own family, the Jews. It isn't right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs."
28. She replied, "That's true, Lord, but even the dogs under the table are allowed to eat the scraps from the children's plates."
29. "Good answer!" he said. "Now go home, for the demon has left your daughter."
30. And when she arrived home, she found her little girl lying quietly in bed and the demon was gone.
Mark 7:24-30 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.