read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Luke 8:40-56
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
40. On the other side of the lake the crowds welcomed Jesus, because they had been waiting for him.
41. Then a man named Jairus, a leader of the local synagogue, came and fell at Jesus' feet, pleading with him to come home with him.
42. His only daughter, who was about twelve years old, was dying.
As Jesus went with him, he was surrounded by the crowds.
43. A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding and she could find no cure.
44. Coming up behind Jesus, she touched the fringe of his robe. Immediately, the bleeding stopped.
45. "Who touched me?" Jesus asked.
Everyone denied it, and Peter said, "Master, this whole crowd is pressing up against you."
46. But Jesus said, "Someone deliberately touched me, for I felt healing power go out from me."
47. When the woman realized that she could not stay hidden, she began to tremble and fell to her knees in front of him. The whole crowd heard her explain why she had touched him and that she had been immediately healed.
48. "Daughter," he said to her, "your faith has made you well. Go in peace."
49. While he was still speaking to her, a messenger arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. He told him, "Your daughter is dead. There's no use troubling the Teacher now."
50. But when Jesus heard what had happened, he said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid. Just have faith, and she will be healed."
51. When they arrived at the house, Jesus wouldn't let anyone go in with him except Peter, John, James, and the little girl's father and mother.
52. The house was filled with people weeping and wailing, but he said, "Stop the weeping! She isn't dead; she's only asleep."
53. But the crowd laughed at him because they all knew she had died.
54. Then Jesus took her by the hand and said in a loud voice, "My child, get up!"
55. And at that moment her life returned, and she immediately stood up! Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat.
56. Her parents were overwhelmed, but Jesus insisted that they not tell anyone what had happened.
Luke 8:40-56 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.