read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Message at the Temple Gate
Today's Passage: Jeremiah 7:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
God wants you to know how His story happened.
How He created the earth, made his children, and how traditions became interwoven into his family.
1. The LORD gave another message to Jeremiah. He said,
2. "Go to the entrance of the LORD'S Temple, and give this message to the people:
'O Judah, listen to this message from the LORD! Listen to it, all of you who worship here!
3. This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies, the God of Israel, says:
"Even now, if you quit your evil ways, I will let you stay in your own land.
4. But don't be fooled by those who promise you safety simply because the LORD'S Temple is here. They chant, "The LORD'S Temple is here! The LORD'S Temple is here!"
5. But I will be merciful only if you stop your evil thoughts and deeds and start treating each other with justice;
6. only if you stop exploiting foreigners, orphans, and widows; only if you stop your murdering; and only if you stop harming yourselves by worshiping idols.
7. Then I will let you stay in this land that I gave to your ancestors to keep forever.
8. " ' Don't be fooled into thinking that you will never suffer because the Temple is here. It's a lie!
9. Do you really think you can steal, murder, commit adultery, lie, and burn incense to Baal and all those other new gods of yours,
10. and then come here and stand before me in my Temple and chant, "We are safe!" — only to go right back to all those evils again?
11. Don't you yourselves admit that this Temple which bears my name, has become a den of thieves? Surely I see all the evil going on there. I, the LORD, have spoken!
12. " 'Go now to the place at Shilo where I once put the Tabernacle that bore my name. See what I did there because of all the wickedness of my people, the Israelites.
13. While you were doing the wicked things, says the LORD, I spoke to you about it repeatedly, but you would not listen. I called out to you, but you refused to answer.
14. So just as I destroyed Shiloh, I will now destroy this Temple that bears my name, this Temple that you trust in for help, this place that I gave to you and your ancestors.
15. And I will send you out of my sight into exile, just as I did your relatives, the people of Israel.'
Jeremiah 7:1-15 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.