read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Job Says There is No Arbitrator Between God and Man
Today's Passage: Job 9:1-35
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
And What Do I Do With That?
1. Then Job spoke again:
2. "Yes, I know all this is true in principle. But how can a person be declared innocent in God's sight?
3. If someone wanted to take God to court, would it be possible to answer him even once in a thousand times?
4. For God is so wise and so mighty. Who has ever challenged him successfully?
5. "Without warning, he moves the mountains, overturning them in his anger.
6. He shakes the earth from its place, and its foundations tremble.
7. If he commands it, the sun won't rise and the stars won't shine.
8. He alone has spread out the heavens and marches on the waves of the sea.
9.He made all the stars — the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the southern sky.
10. He does great things too marvelous to understand. He performs countless miracles.
11. "Yet when he comes near, I cannot see him. When he moves by, I do not see him go.
12. If he snatches someone in death, who can stop him? Who dares to ask, 'What are you doing?'
13. And God does not restrain his anger. Even the monsters of the sea are crushed beneath his feet.
14. "So who am I, that I should try to answer God or even reason with him?
15. Even if I were right, I would have no defense. I could only plead for mercy.
16. And even if I summoned him and he responded, I'm not sure he would listen to me.
17. For he attacks me with a storm and repeatedly wounds me without cause.
18. He will not let me catch my breath, but fills me instead with bitter sorrows.
19. If it's a question of strength, he's the strong one. If it's a matter of justice, who dares to summon him to court?
20. Though I am innocent, my own mouth would pronounce me guilty. Though I am blameless, it would prove me wicked.
21. "I am innocent, but it makes no difference to me — I despise my life.
22. Innocent or wicked, it is all the same to God. That's why I say, 'He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.'
23. When a plague sweeps through, he laughs at the death of the innocent.
24. The whole earth is in the hands of the wicked, and God blinds the eyes of the judges. If he's not the one who does it, who is?
25. "My life passes more swiftly than a runner. It flees away without a glimpse of happiness.
26. It disappears like a swift papyrus boat, like an eagle swooping down on its prey.
27. If I decided to forget my complaints, to put away my sad face and be cheerful,
28. I would still dread all the pain, for I know you will not find me innocent, O God.
29. Whatever happens, I will be found guilty. So what's the use of trying?
30. Even if I were to wash myself with soap and clean my hands with lye,
31. you would plunge me into a muddy ditch, and my own filthy clothing would hate me.
32. "God is not a mortal like me, so I cannot argue with him or take him to trial.
33. If only there were a mediator between us, someone who could bring us together.
34. The mediator could make God stop beating me, and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment.
35. Then I could speak to him without fear, but I cannot do that in my own strength.
Job 9:1-35 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.