read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God is Gracious and Just
Today's Passage: Isaiah 30:8-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
A Warning for Rebellious Judah
8. Now go and write down these words. Write them in a book. They will stand until the end of time as a witness.9. that these people are stubborn rebels who refuse to pay attention to the Lord's instructions.
10. They tell the seers, "Stop seeing visions!"
They tell the prophets, "Don't tell us what is right. Tell us nice tings. Tell us lies.
11. Forget all this gloom. Get off your narrow path. Stop telling us about your 'Holy One of Israel.'"
12. This is the reply of the Holy One of Israel: "Because you despise what I tell you and trust instead in oppression and lies,
13. calamity will come upon you suddenly ⏤ like a bulging wall that bursts and falls. In an instant it will collapse and come crashing down.
14. You will be smashed like a piece of pottery ⏤ shattered so completely that there won't be a piece big enough to carry coals from a fireplace or little water from the well."
15. This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "Only in returning to me and resting in my will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it.
16. You said, 'No, we will get our help from Egypt. They will give us swift horses for riding into battle.' But the only swiftness you are going to see is the swiftness of your enemies chasing you!
17. One of them will chase a thousand of you. Five of them will make all of you flee. You will be left like a lonely flagpole on a hill or a tattered banner on a distant mountaintop."
BLESSINGS FOR THE LORD'S PEOPLE
18. So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion.
For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help.
Isaiah 30:8-18 NLT
Thank you for blessing us when we wait.
Help us in our understanding and in our faith.
Give us what we need to remain faithful.
Remind us to ask You to give us the strength and
love we need to live in this world daily.
In your name, Jehoshua,
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.