read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Strengthening of King David's Kingdom
Today's Passage: 1 Chronicles 18:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
1. After this, David defeated and subdued the Philistines by conquering Gath and its surrounding towns.
2. David also conquered the land of Moab, and the Moabites who were spared became David's subjects and paid him tribute money.
3. David also destroyed the forces of Hadadezer, king of Zobah, as far as Hamath, when Hadadezer marched out to strengthen his control along the Euphrates River.
4. David captured 1,000 chariots, 7,000 charioteers, and 20,000 foot soldiers. He crippled all the chariot horses except enough for 100 chariots.
5. When Arameans from Damascus arrived to help King Hadadezer, David killed 22,000 of them.
6. Then he placed several army garrisons in Damascus, the Aramean capital, and the Arameans became David's subjects and paid him tribute money. So the Lord made David victorious wherever he went.
7. David brought the gold shields of Hadadezer's officers to Jerusalem,
8. along with a large amount of bronze from Hadadezer's towns of Tebah and Cun. Later Solomon melted the bronze and molded it into the great bronze basin called the Sea, the pillars, and the various bronze articles used at the Temple.
9. When King Toi of Hamath heard that David had destroyed the entire army of King Hadadezer of Zobah,
10. he sent his son Joram to congratulate King David for his successful campaign. Hadadezer and Toi had been enemies and were often at war. Joram presented David with many gifts of gold, silver, and bronze.
11. King David dedicated all these gifts to the Lord, along with the silver and gold he had taken from the other nations ⏤from Edom, Moab, Ammon, Philistia, and Amalek.
12. Abishai son of Zeruiah destroyed 18,000 Edomites in the Valley of Salt.
13. He placed army garrisons in Edom, and all the Edomites became David's subjects. In fact, the Lord made David victorious wherever he went.
14. So David reigned over all Israel and did what was just and right for all his people.
15. Joab son of Zeruiah was commander of the army. Jehoshaphat son of Ahilud was the royal historian.
16. Zadok son of Ahitub and Ahimelech son of Abiathar were the priests. Seraiah was the court secretary.
17. Benaiah son of Jehoiada was captain of the king's bodyguard. And David's sons served as the king's chief assistants.
1 Chronicles 18:1-17 NLT
Thank you LORD for bringing us this picture into King David and his actions in his life.
Thank you for bringing us your word.
Help us to read with our hearts open.
In your name we pray
Please leave your name and your last initial
We are so thankful for your participation.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.