read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Feeds Four Thousand
Today's Passage: Mark 8:1-10
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
For Familiar Passages. Read Anew!
Read the passage from Last to First!
Sometimes we have read a passage of Scripture so many times we can't see it with new eyes.
How can we change the passage without changing the meaning?
What would we see if we take a passage and begin with the last verse and read the verses from for example:
1. About this time another large crowd had gathered, and the people ran out of food again. Jesus called his disciples and told them,
2. "I feel sorry for these people. They have been here with me for three days, and they have nothing left to eat.
3. If I send them home hungry, they will faint along the way. For some of them have come a long distance."
4. His disciples replied, "How are we supposed to find enough food to feed them out here in the wilderness?"
5. Jesus asked, "How much bread do you have?"
"Seven loaves," they replied.
6. So Jesus told all the people to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves, thanked God for them, and broke them into pieces. He gave them to his disciples, who distributed the bread to the crowd.
7. A few small fish were found, too, so Jesus also blessed these and told the disciples to distribute them.
8. They ate as much as they wanted. Afterward, the disciples picked up seven large baskets of leftover food.
9. There were about 4,000 people in the crowd that day, and Jesus sent them home after they had eaten.
10. Immediately after this, he got into a boat with his disciples and crossed over to the region of Dalmanutha.
Mark 8:1-10 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.