read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God's Mercy on Israel
Today's Passage: Romans 11:17-26
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
17. But some of these branches from Abraham's tree — some of the people of Israel — have been broken off. And you Gentiles, who were branches from a wild olive tree, have been grafted in. So now you also receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in the rich nourishment from the root of God's special olive tree.
18. But you must not brag about being grafted in to replace the branches that were broken off. You are just a branch, not the root.
19. "Well," you may say, "those branches were broken off to make room for me."
20. Yes, but remember — those branches were broken off because they didn't believe in Christ, and you are there because you do believe. So don't think highly of yourself, but fear what could happen.
21. For if God did not spare the original branches, he won't spare you either.
22. Notice how God is both kind and severe. He is severe toward those who disobeyed, but kind to you if you continue to trust in his kindness. But if you stop trusting, you also will be cut off.
23. And if the people of Israel turn from their unbelief, they will be grafted in again, for God has the power to graft them back into the tree.
24. You, by nature, were a branch cut from a wild olive tree. So if God was willing to do something contrary to nature by grafting you into his cultivated tree, he will be far more eager to graft the original branches back into the tree where they belong.
25. I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ.
26. And so all Israel will be saved. As the Scriptures say,
"The one who rescues will come from Jerusalem, and he will turn Israel away from ungodliness.
27. And this is my covenant with them, that I will take away their sins."
28. Many of the people of Israel are now enemies of the Good News, and this benefits you Gentiles. Yet they are still the people he loves because he chose their ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
29. For God's gifts and his call can never be withdrawn.
30. Once, you Gentiles were rebels against God, but when the people of Israel rebelled against him, God was merciful to you instead.
31. Now they are the rebels, and God's mercy has come to you so that they, too, will share in God's mercy.
32. For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.
33. Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!
34. For who can know the LORD'S thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice?
35. And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back?
36. For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.
Romans 11:17-36 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.