read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Son of God
Today's Passage: John 5: 16-30
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Jesus Claims to Be the Son of God
16. So the Jewish leaders began harassing Jesus for breaking the Sabbath rules.
17. But Jesus replied, "My Father is always working, and so am I."
18. So the Jewish leaders tried all the harder to find a way to kill him. For he not only broke the Sabbath, he called God his Father, thereby making himself equal with God.
19. So Jesus explained, "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.
20. For the Father loves the Son and shows him everything he is doing. In fact, the Father will show him how to do even greater works then healing this man. Then you will truly be astonished.
21. For just as the Father gives life to those he raises from the dead, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants.
22. In addition, the Father judges no one. Instead, he has given the Son absolute authority to judge,
23. so that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him.
24. "I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.
25. "And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it's here now, when the dead will hear my voice⏤the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live.
26. The Father has life in himself, and he has granted that same life-giving power to his Son.
27. And he has given him authority to judge everyone because he is the Son of Man.
28. Don't be surprised! Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God's Son,
29. and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment.
30. I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will.
John 5:16-30 NLT
Please write this address down in your own bible,
on your phone,
and hopefully to memory.
This particular passage is a confirmation of Jesus claiming himself to be Son of God.
Those that are opposed to our faith often say that Jesus never did this.
By knowing this passage,
we have evidence that He did.
During conversation with those that we are being salt and light to,
sometimes we need to lovingly be
able to point out certain passages that help them see.
Please LORD help us hold this wonderful passage in our hearts.
Give us wisdom when to share it.
Give us help in the midst of this world we live in.
Allow us to love those we are not in spiritual agreement with.
We love you Son of God!
We love you Abba.
Give us opportunity to be salt and light!
In your Holy Name Jehoshua,
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.