read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Romans 12:1-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice — the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
2. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
3. Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don't think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.
4. Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function,
5. so it is with Christ's body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.
6. In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you.
7 If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well.
8. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
9. Don't just pretend to love others . Really love them, Hate what is wrong.
Hold tightly to what is good.
10. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
11. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.
12. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
13. When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.
14. Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them.
15. Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.
16. Live in harmony with each other. Don't be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all!
17. Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,
"I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the LORD.
"If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads."
21. Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing Good.
Romans 12:1-21 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.