read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Love One Another
Today's Passage: 1 John 3:11-24
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
Simple acts of meditation are not difficult.
If they were difficult God would not encourage every person to do them.
They are sometimes uncomfortable.
But they are always profitable.
They bring us closer to the heart of God. We are to Hide His Words In Our Hearts.
11. This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
12. We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was righteous.
13. So don't be surprised, dear brothers and sisters, if the world hates you.
14. If we love our Christian brothers and sisters, it proves that we have passed from death to life. But a person who has no love is still dead.
15. Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don't have eternal life within them.
16. We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters.
17. If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion — how can God's love be in that person?
18. Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.
19. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God.
20. Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.
21. Dear friends, if we don't feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence.
22. And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him.
23. And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us.
24. Those who obey God's commandments remain in fellowship with him, and he with them. And we know he lives in us because the Spirit he gave us lives in us.
1 John 3:11-24 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.