read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God is Love
Today's Passage: 1 John 4:7-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Praising and Thanking God.
7. Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love come from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God.
8. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
9. God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.
10. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
11. Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely out to love each other.
12. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.
13. And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us.
14. Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
15. All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God.
16. We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
17. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
18. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.
19. We love each other because he loved us first.
20. If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?
21. And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their Christian brothers and sisters.
1 John 4:7-21 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.