read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
I failed to post this day...
It was my 6 month anniversary of my heart attack.
I was reminded how disappointed I am that I am not as healed as I thought I would be by now.
I spent the day, questioning many things.
I felt a little like a child sucking her thumb and holding her blankie... LOL!
But as God moved inside me and reminded me - I am weak but He is strong, I woke this morning with an encouraging email from one of you and my reality: Nothing I am doing can be claimed as my own. It is only by His grace that I have the strength of body and mind to continue through this adventure He has laid before me.
Please forgive me. I hope it never happens again.
One thing I know - even though my earthly garden is filled with weeds in this season of recovery, my heavenly garden is being plucked daily. (that is what I told one of our members that emailed - and it is so true)!!!!
May God bless your day today!
Today's Passage: Genesis 9:18-29
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
18. The sons of Noah who came out of the boat with their father were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. (Ham is the father of Canaan.)
19. From these three sons of Noah came all the people who now populate the earth.
20. After the flood, Noah began to cultivate the ground, and he planted a vineyard.
21. One day he drank some wine he had made, and he became drunk and lay naked inside his tent.
22. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw that his father was naked and went outside and told his brothers.
23. Then Shem and Japheth took a robe, held it over their shoulders, and backed into the tent to cover their father. As they did this, they looked the other way so they would not see him naked.
24. When Noah woke up from his stupor, he learned what Ham, his youngest son had done.
25. Then he cursed Canaan, the son of Ham:
"May Canaan be cursed!
My he be the lowest of servants to his relatives."
26. Then Noah said,
"May the LORD, the God of Shem, be blessed, and may Canaan be his servant!
27. May God expand the territory of Japheth!
May Japheth share the prosperity of Shem, and may Canaan be his servant."
28. Noah lived another 350 years after the great flood.
29. He lived 950 years, and then he died.
Genesis 9:18-29 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.