read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Descendants of Ham
Today's Passage: Genesis 10:6-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Genealogies, Lists, and Such.
6. The descendants of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
7. The descendants of Cush were Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, and Sabteca. The descendants of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan.
8. Cush was also the ancestor of Nimrod, who was the first heroic warrior on earth.
9. Since he was the greatest hunter in the world. his name became proverbial. People would say, "This man is like Nimrod, the greatest hunter in the world."
10. He built his kingdom in the land of Babylonia, with cities of Babylon, Erech, Akkad, and Calneh.
11. From there he expanded his territory to Assyria, building the cities of Nineveh, Rehoboth-ir, Calah,
12. and Resen (the great city located between Ninevah and Calah).
13. Mizraim was the ancestor of the Ludites, Anamites, Lehabites, Naphtuhites,
14. Pathrusites, Casluhites, and the Caphtorites, from whom the Philistines came.
15. Canaan's oldest son was Sidon, the ancestor of the Sidonian. Canaan was also the ancestor of the Hittites,
16. Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashites,
17. Hivites, Arkites, Sinites,
18. Arvadites, Zemarites, and Hamathites. The Canaanite clans eventually spread out,
19. and the territory of Canaan extended from Sidon in the north to Gerar and Gaza in the south, and east as far as Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, near Lasha.
20. These were the descendants of Ham, identified by clan, language, territory, and national identity.
Genesis 10:2-20 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.