read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Woman Caught in Adultery
Today's Passage: John 8:1-11
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
For Familiar Passages. Read Anew!
Read the passage from Last to First!
Sometimes we have read a passage of Scripture so many times we can't see it with new eyes.
How can we change the passage without changing the meaning?
What would we see if we take a passage and begin with the last verse and read the verses from for example:
1. Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives,
2. but early the next morning he was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them.
3. As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.
4. "Teacher," they said to Jesus, "this woman was caught in the act of adultery.
5. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?"
6. They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger.
7. They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!
8. Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.
9. When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman.
10. Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, "Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?"
11. "No Lord," she said.
And Jesus siad, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more."
John 8:1-11 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.